Sunday, August 17, 2014

Why I Will Not Weigh Myself Anymore...

Originally Posted 7/20/14

I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself for the time being.I'm trying to get my head tin the right place to really do this weight loss thing, and I think the scale is playing too big a part in how I feel about myself, rather than looking at all the good things I did during the week.

Part of the problem for this particular last week is we have gotten down to the 2 month mark for the wedding, and even though it is a fun and exciting time, it's been a little stressful, and I've been feeling really sad and depressed not having my parents here. I knew I was starting to fall into depression, because I would just sit all night and think 'I should go do this' (whatever "this" is), but it felt like such a drain to get up and do anything, so I would continue to sit and do nothing. As my therapist would say, I'm shoulding on myself, and I need to stop it. :) Also, while I was sitting, no doing anything, I proceeded to eat out of a bag of Oreos. Typically I would grab 2 or 3 cookies for a quick treat and go on about my day, but I got a glass a milk and brought the whole package to my desk.

Wednesday I had a major break down. I was so mad at myself for letting myself get like this. I was mad at myself for making excuses and just not getting my butt up and moving. I'm trying to figure out what I can do that is going to work best for me, and I feel like that is going to be focusing on the good things, trying to track my food more consistently, and trying to get some sort of exercise during the day.

So what did I do after I had my emotional breakdown on Wednesday night? I went to the gym three damn days in a row!! No, my eating wasn't great, but I feel good because I DID go exercise. There is something about going to the gym in the morning - I just feel so productive, even if I don't do much of anything during the rest of the day, and even though I might be tired during the day, I still feel energized (if that makes sense).

Yes, weight loss is calories in calories out, but everyone has different motivation, and so I have to find what will keep me going. I'm not committing to anything at this moment, but I think I may have found something to motivate me:



No comments:

Post a Comment