Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tempting Danger - Eileen Wilks

 Tempting Danger (Lupi Series #1)

Synopsis:
Lily Yu is a San Diego police detective investigating a series of grisly murders that appear to be the work of a werewolf. To hunt down the killer, she must infiltrate the clans. Only one man can help her - a werewolf named Rule Turner, a prince of the lupi, whose charismatic presence disturbs Lily. Rule has his own reasons for helping the investigation - reasons he doesn't want to share with Lily. Logic and honor demand she keep her distance, but the attraction between them is immediate and devastating - and beyond human reason. Now in a race to fend off evil, Lily finds herself in uncharted territory, tested as never before, and, at her back, a man she's not sure she can trust.


My Thoughts:
An excellent start to a series!! This was such a fast paced and intense story that it definitely held my attention. There is a lot of paranormal and magic in this story along with some great characters - my personal favorite is Grandmother Yu; I really hope they do more with her character in future books. Even though this is categorized as a "paranormal romance" I consider it to be more of a paranormal murder/mystery.
My one complaint about the book was that the big battle at the end was very anticlimactic. The battle starts and then cuts away to a time period later where everyone is recovering, and Lily explains what happened at the battle. I was disappointed, but I thought it was done well, and didn't upset me too much.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment