Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fantasy Lover - Sherrilyn Kenyon

 Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter Series Prequel)

Synopsis:
Dear Reader, Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. As a love-slave, I knew everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She, alone, bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again. But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace-the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two thousand year old curse? Julian of Macedon

My Thoughts:
I really thought this was a nice introduction into Sherrilyn Kenyon's series. Personally, I felt the story started a little slow, and was more of a romance than a paranormal that everyone was telling me this series is. Luckily about halfway through, it really picked up for me. That's where Kenyon really started to mix the Greek Mythology in with the present day, and started to get really interesting. Having read the second book in this series, I can say that it definitely picks up from this one and is more entertaining. Fantasy Lover was a nice, but not great, introduction to this series.

Rating: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment