Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Books!

Originally Posted 5/30/14

I've just bough a bunch of books (HOORAY!) and I'm super excited about it. Granted, most are books in a series, but purchasing any book makes me happy!


So in case you can't see, the books I got are:

Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook - EJ and I are back on WW and are trying to find some easy yummy recipes to help us stay on track.

Inferno by Dan Brown - I've read all the other Robert Langdon books, and found them very intriguing. I was a bit disappointed in The Lost Symbol, so I'm hoping this one is better.

Wild Things by Chloe Neill - The latest (#9) in the Chicagoland Vampire Series. I love this series, and I love the heroine, Merit. I am feeling like things are starting to slow down a bit, but obviously not enough for me to stop reading!

A Perfect Blood & Ever After by Kim Harrison - #10 and #11 in the Rachel Morgan/Hollows series. I am in love with this series and the characters. Book #13 comes out in September, and it's the final one in the series, so I'm definitely wanting to get caught up and find out what happens!

Hexed & Hammered by Kevin Hearne - #2 and #3 in the Iron Druid Chronicles. A century old Druid living in Arizona in the body of a 21 year old. Atticus O'Sullivan has a vampire and werewolf team of lawyers as well as a talking Irish wolfhound. I read the first book last year (I know I jump around a lot) and thought it was really new and interesting. Can't wait to continue on with the series.

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - I read Gone Girl and LOVED it! Everyone keeps telling me that her other books are even better so I couldn't resist.

EJ bought the newest Jim Butcher book, Skin Game. I've only read the first 2 in the series, but again, definitely want to continue with the series. I'm just waaaaayy behind since this is the 15th book in the series. EJ's read them all, though...yay for him!

He also got the Volume 1 in the Malloreon series by David Eddings. I've not read any of Davind Eddings' books, but my good friend Georgette highly recommends it (she also recommended the Kevin Hearne books) and we usually like the same books. EJ really enjoyed the Belgariad series, and is contining to read his books.

If you're paying any attention to the picture, there is also a Metal Earth model kit of WWII tanks. Those are also EJ's. He has been really enjoying working on those models, and they are super cool when they are all put together.

So upcoming posts - I'm going to try and go back through my goodreads page and see if I can't complete that list of books I read in 2012, as well as make one for 2013 and 2014.

What are you all reading? Any good recommendations?





No comments:

Post a Comment