Saturday, August 16, 2014

Monday Musings

Originally posted 5/26/14

First off, Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Soooo....a lot has been going on - too much to write about in one post. Mainly want I want to talk about today is weight loss. I have more than struggled with my weight for the last 12 years. Now with the wedding, I'm back to focusing on it. I feel that since the wedding is an actual event happening in the near future (3 months and 18 days!) it's help me be a bit more accountable than in the past.

I began Weight Watchers back in 2009, and did VERY well on it! I lost about 35 pounds on just changing my eating habits. Then things got stressful (i.e. life stuff happened) and I kind of gave up on it. I have gone back to WW on and off for the last 5 years, but I started again right at the beginning of the year. Then in the middle of January, my dad past away unexpectedly. We ate out so much just because we were on the run, finalizing plans and spending time with the family that were in town, and we had what me and EJ deemed the pity food. Not that we did not appreciate all the food we got from friends and family - it made things so simple for us in a very crazy time - it's just that there was soooooo much. And, it took some time to feel like we were back to "normal" after such a sudden tragedy.

So at the beginning of the month, we decided that we both needed to buckle down and help each other, and be accountable. We started doing regular weigh-ins, measured out and tracked our food, and we both started up our Body Bugg subscription again. (For those of you who don't know what a Body Bugg is - it's a little device that you wear around your upper arm, and it tells you how many calories you burn and how many steps you take.)

My weight at the beginning of May was 224 - I kind of hate posting that number for everyone to see, but I feel like I need to be an open book and be completely honest to help myself stay accountable. Today when I weighed in I was at 221.8 (which is up 0.2 pounds from last Monday). I was actually surprised that I did not gain more weight seeing as how I ate way too much food this weekend.

So there is a little background on my previous weight loss journey, and where I'm starting now. I'm hoping to chronicle my struggles and victories, so I can learn from them and continue to do a little bit better each day.


Me & EJ's engagement photo taken early April.

No comments:

Post a Comment