Friday, August 29, 2014

Booking Through Thursday

...the Friday edition.

So over at Booking Through Thursday they ask a bookish question every Thursday, that you can link up with. Since I LOOOOOOVE books so much, I am participating.

The question this week is: 

Any books or authors you hate? Why? Is it the writing? The stories? The author’s personality? And—would you read their work anyway?


Twilight's Stupid
Yeeeaahh...anybody who knows me knows I loath Twilight with a burning passion of a million fires! The main reason I hate these books/movies is that I think Bella is The.Worst.Character.Ever! For some reason, I felt like Bella was written by a 13 year old girl in the midst of puberty.

There are so many other "paranormal" stories out there (and I've read quite a few) with more interesting, involved plots and kick ass heroines that I would recommend to my friends.

Friends don't let friends read Twilight.....


2 comments:

  1. I liked vampire Bella so much better than human Bella, but I didn't love the novels either. I don't know that I hated them though, as there was some potential and a strong compelling component, although that could have been simply the urge to follow the train wreck to its end...

    2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I agree, I think the story could have been something really great, but I was just so turned off by Bella, I couldn't even finish the series. There are too many good books to spend my time trudging through ones I don't like! :)

      Delete