Monday, April 27, 2015

Garage Sellin' It!



I have a love-hate relationship with garage sales. On one hand, one persons trash really is another persons treasure! I don't want this stuff anymore, and someone out there will pay me money to take it! On the other hand, once I've gone through my things I have to price them, pack them up and lug them to the sale (I have never had my own garage sale - I just take my stuff to other peoples' sales) and then unpack it at the garage sale.



Then there is the after-sale issue. All of my belongings that didn't sell have to be packed back up and lugged somewhere. Typically I'll take my stuff back home and wait for the next year's sale, but this year is different. I definitely thought about keeping my stuff (mostly clothes) for the next garage sale, but I realized I just want this stuff out of my space and out of my life, so I've boxed it up (again) and am taking it to Goodwill. I would like to keep it and try and get money for it, but there is something about looking in our storage room and seeing the space that was made from having that stuff gone!

What about you guys? Do you like having garage sales or do you just prefer to donate your things?

No comments:

Post a Comment